Tuesday, November 18, 2008

ABC's

I have that feeling right now like I'm already forgetting something cute Harrison did that I didn't want to forget. But I do remember two things so I'm going to write them down before they disappear into my scattered mommy mind! : )
We've been working with Harrison a bit on learning the alphabet - not often, but on occasion. A week or so ago we also bought the Letter Factory video, which he absolutely loves now. Well, tonight Harrison and I were playing in the playroom and he picked up a letter magnet and said, "I." It was facing him, so I was in suspense to see if it was really the "I." As he handed it to me I looked in shock because it WAS the letter "I"! Then he picked up another one and said "J." Same thing! He was right again! So he picked up another one, Q, but this time he said, "Apple!" I laughed out loud in my surprise. Never thought of it, but a Q does look like an apple! I'm enjoying his little mind at work. Cutie! He also brings me all different kinds of toys that are orange and tells me, "oran."
The other sweet thing he did tonight was to go peacefully and willingly from playing in the playroom to go get ready for bed. He was playing with a car when I finally said, after a few preparing statements that it was almost time for bed, "Okay lets go get ready for bed now." He just set down his little car in front of him and looked down at it and waved and said, "Bye, bye," in his sweet little voice and got up with me to go brush his teeth. Adorable.
Okay, I'm going to go back to cleaning the house now. I just had to share! Hope everyone is having a great week!

1 comment:

sethswifeforlife said...

too cute, Diane!
What a great family picture too, what neat colors!
You're at such a fun age with your Harrison, and every week you'll see new things he learns and does. It's quite fascinating! They are like sponges.....keeps us accountable!
blessings to you and yours this Christmas season!

Abby~