Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Couldn't Sleep...

I went to bed early, but laid there thinking about who the next President of our country will be. Safe to say, any of the realistic options left to us scare me in some way or many ways. I keep praying for our country. What will happen in the coming 4 -8 years. What will be irreversible? I know God is Soveriegn, but I also know that He hands nations over to their evil desires when they reject Him. It makes me so sad to see our nation handed over to godless leadership, or worse yet, leadership by one who worships a false god, though he happens to be the most conservative. I prayed for salvation and a radical change of heart for the one who becomes President. I finally got out of bed because I couldn't ignore my hungry tummy anymore, and obviously my mind wouldn't stop. I sat down for a bowl of Cheerios with a banana and some precious quiet time with my Lord. I opened my Bible right up to Psalm 76. God is so kind to comfort me. Listen to this... vs. 4 "You are resplendent with light, more majestic than mountains rich with game. (Sounds so beautiful...) Valiant men lie plundered, they sleep their last sleep; not one of the warriors can lift his hands. At your rebuke, O God of Jacob, both horse and chariot lie still. YOU ALONE ARE TO BE FEARED. Who can stand before you when you are angry? From Heaven you pronounced your judgement, and the land feared and was quiet- when you, O God, rose to judge, to save all the afflicted of the land. Surely your wrath against men brings you praise, and the survivors of your wrath are restrained. Make vows to the Lord your God and fulfill them; let all the neighboring lands bring gifts to the One to be feared. He breaks the spirit of rulers; He is feared by the kings of the earth." This is NIV, although I read it in NAS and Amplified. Nonetheless, the message was so clear. Our God is Almighty, Just and He Reigns on High above ALL. He is the only One to be feared. Our leadership can be broken or swayed like mere reeds in the power of His hand and there's nothing they can do. Of course, I am curious what judgement if any He has pronounced on OUR land. Lord, please be with us. I do remember there were a lot more prayer meetings called for our country when Clinton was president. Maybe that will happen again. I pray that God will bring good to our nation ultimately, either through or regardless of our leadership. But thanks be to God, HE REIGNS, and the final victory is HIS! Sweet dreams!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Funny looking at the time that you put up your post. I think I was up at the very same time praying. It makes me wonder how many He called to pray. Thanks for sharing what you read...sometimes it is easy for me to get caught up in the fear of man. Thank the Lord for His Mighty power and grace that will always be with us and our families despite what happens in our country and world.
BTW I hope you can join me often in the world of photography, especially as you get more comfortable with your camera. It would be so fun to work with someone and I have definitely had you in mind.