Friday, January 25, 2008

I love my purpose in life...

I woke up this morning and the first things that rolled through my mind were the various things/tasks that this day held for me. A "To Do List" began to take shape, and then that momentary feeling of blah. But, I shrugged off the list for the moment and I breathed a prayer that took it back to the basics for me, "God, help me to glorify you today." Then I laid there for a minute absorbing the wonderful fact that THAT is truly why I live. It's my sole purpose for living, and God made it such an easy thing to do!!! I felt like He was just smiling at me as He watched me process the wonderful simplicity of thought that He intended to dictate my daily frame of mind and perspective. Yes, I've had this realization at times before, but somehow it gets crowded out eventually as I focus on the "To Do List." So I prayed again, "God, please make this truth be the foundation of my mind. Help it to become the way I think." I got up out of bed so energized for the day, it was funny. There's a phrase in an old worship song that says, "the reason I live is to worship You." I love that. It always comforts me. It takes all of the pressure to accomplish this or that or be good at whatever, completely off and lets me just love my Lord and be loved. I have so much to learn as a wife and mommy, and as a friend. So much. But maybe, just maybe if I just practice this, everything else will fall into place.... Lord, please let me glorify You today.

4 comments:

Papa said...

Di,
What great pictures! Your excitement for life is captivating and you are much loved by Nana & Papa

Kristin said...

Hey Di~ excited to see you blogging but I am even more excited to hear more of your heart and see the excitement you have for our Savior. Love you!

sethswifeforlife said...

Hey Diane! CONGRATULATIONS on your exciting news of a new addition to your precious family. Blessings to you guys and hope the pregnancy goes well and smoothly! Your little boy is just adorable and I loved reading your heart in this post. We, as HIS children, are here to "glorify God and enjoy HIM forever!" AMEN!
love,
Abby~

three girls and a guy said...

How fun, your blogging! Love all your pictures. Congratulations on the September baby on the way!
Love to you guys!! Holly